Andalas University was officially opened by its founding fathers, the late Vice President; Drs. MohammadHatta, and the Minister of Education and Culture, Sarino Mangoenpranoto on September 13th, 1956. In its early years The university had five faculties; namely Faculty of Agriculture in Payakumbuh, Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Science in Bukittinggi, Faculty of Law in Padang, and Faculty of Teacher Training in Batusangkar.
|•||The initial set up of medical faculty in Brawijaya University was established in 1962 by several medical doctors. It became one of the faculties in Brawijaya University in 1974.|
|•||The faculty also offers specialist programmes in clinical pathology, internal medicine, pulmonary diseases, surgery, obstetrics & gynaecology, radiology, ENT and ophthalmology.|
|•||Rated as 2nd best medical faculty of Indonesia in 2003.|
|•||Very affordable tuition fee||•||Efficient public transport|
|•||Variety of food similar to Malaysia||•||Library and laboratories|