The University has developed into one of the leading universities in Indonesia with several research centres, specific units and major referral centres for scholars in specific fields.
History of Airlangga University originated from the precursor institution Nederlands Indische Artsen School (NIAS) and Tot School Opleiding van Indische Tandartsen (STOVIT) , each established by the Dutch government in 1913 and 1928 .
After the independence struggle had disrupted the smoothness, in 1948 the Dutch government set up a branch Tandheelkunding Instituut Universiteit van Indonesie Jakarta and reopen NIAS with Faculteit der Geneeskunde name is also a branch of the Universiteit van Indonesie Jakarta.
The Government of the Republic of Indonesia was officially opened Airlangga University which is the first higher education institution in eastern Indonesia – in 1954.
Inauguration University Press conducted by the first President, Dr. Ir. Sukarno, which coincides with the commemoration of Heroes Day 9th, dated 10 November 1954.
Establishment Legally stipulated by Government Regulation.
- Well-equipped laboratories
- Teaching Hospital
- Student centre
- Fully equipped library
- Shuttle facilities within campuses
- Student co-operative
- Banking facilities within campus
- Sports and cultural arts centre
- Telecommunication, postal and internet facilities in campus
- Faculty of Medicine has various stages of development to become one of the leading medical schools in Indonesia
- The clinical programmes are Heart Surgery, Brain Surgery, Interventional Cardiology, Linear Acceleration for Cancer Therapy and others
- Faculty of Dentistry holds a very strong position to actively participate in developing human resources in the field of dentistry